Reliability issues

Post your questions about Openshot here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Reliability issues

Postby Hendrik » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:26 am

I started playing with OpenShot a little while ago and really liked it. It has some annoying, non-intuitive ways of doing stuff but generally it seems pretty powerful and well featured. So I started using it for a real project. Now it is almost unusable! Exporting a video crashes every single time at 25%. I have tried multiple output profiles and all do exactly the same. If I hit the 'advanced' tab and tell it to start from say 30%, it crashes again at around 75% and again at 95%. Now it is even crashing just watching the preview playback in the editor.

This means I now have a lot of time and effort invested in something that is broken and unusable. I really don't want to have to start over on another tool :(.

I notice there is a debug tab in the preferences menu. How does one use it? I have ticked the box and tried to connect a terminal program to port 5556 but I have never seen anything coming out.

There is a similar export issue logged in the github bug databse - #1203. It was reported 20 days ago and has had no comments since.

Is there anything I can do to help debug this issue and get it resolved? I need to get this project finished pretty soon!

Thanks,
John.
Hendrik

Return to General questions & help