- I start off with a single clip lets say 60 seconds long.
- During seconds 45-50 something interesting occurs in the source material.
- I want these 5 seconds to go in slow motion, lets say 1/4 of speed.
- Result should therefore be a (60 - 5) + (4 * 5) = 75 second long film where the material is the same only that the original seconds 45-50 are 4 times slower than they originally were.
How do I do this?
My attempt has been
1) go to 0:45 with marker, slice.
2) go to 0:50 with marker, slice.
3) right click the new 5 seconds long clip and in properties choose 1/4.
Problem! Some of the 5 seconds no longer fit within the clip and clip does not get resized!? How do I do a proper speed change and not loosing some of the clip?
The problem for me is that when the movie is playing and comes to the end of the 5 second slow motion part there is a "jump" forward in the movie.
I recognise this is due to Bug #508498
on Launchpad, but how do I work around it? Or is there any effort planned to fix this?
Any input on this appreciated.