broken lines on finished video

Post your questions about Openshot here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

broken lines on finished video

Postby barker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:03 am

I have just completed my first video with OpenShot (1.1) in DVD-Pal (DV-Pal profile) containing a mixture of video and stills in a slideshow style. Overall pretty good, but on quite a few of the 'slids' a thin broken white line appear vertically on the right hand side of the image. Has anyone else noted this? Is there a fix or something that I am obviously doing wrong here.
Having used LiVES and kdenlive before I find OpenShot much simpler and quicker to work with so would like to be able to produce results that will impress WMM using friends.
cheers

barker
barker

Re: broken lines on finished video

Postby Cenwen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Not at my knowledges.
Is it just for this picture or for the all the film ? Have you try to do this with another project ?
Have you try to remove a transition or an effect ? Sometimes MLT have some not normal behaviour. The fact to remove all the transition and after to re-add them do the difference.
Could you do that : https://answers.launchpad.net/openshot/+faq/983
Thanks
Le jour où j'ai découvert le libre, j'ai su que je ne reviendrai jamais en arrière
Mon blog sur le multimédia, la photo et Openshot : http://linuxevolution.wordpress.com/
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/111472725110173916234/posts
Cenwen

Postby oriolfa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Barker, I'm experiencing the same line at the right of any element I add to the track (photos & videos). Have you found a solution for that?

Thanks,
Oriol
oriolfa

Postby oriolfa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:21 am

Well, I've found a workaround. My project was created as "DV PAL". I have created some sample projects with other type of project (VCD, SVCD,...) and always get the line at the right of a simple title, except for the Square PAL project, which works fine, so I've saved my old project as ASCII, edited it with gedit and changed the DV PAL for SQUARE PAL. Then opened it with openshot and... no vertical line. ;-)

I don't know if SQUARE PAL is worst than DV PAL but that molest line has gone!
Best regards,
Oriol.
oriolfa

Postby Andy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 am

Jonathan found a similar issue to this and has put in a fix in version 1.1.3, but I'm not sure if it's exactly the same issue you are seeing.
Andy
Site Admin/Openshot Dev

Postby jjfro » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:17 am

Andy,

After I got my update to OS 1.1.3, I checked Launchpad to see what fixes were included. I noticed Jonathan's description of the fix he put in for the vertical line so I tried it on my Lucid test box that had MLT 0.5.2 on it. The more noticeable, greenish vertical line on the far right is indeed gone now but the thinner white line right at the border of the picture is still there. It is not there on my Karmic production box with OS 1.1.3 and MLT 0.4.4. Sorry, I don't have a screenshot right now because I'm redoing my test machine but I'll try to get one later.
Jack
OpenShot 1.2.2 on Ubuntu Lucid
jjfro

Postby jjfro » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 am

Okay, I got OpenShot 1.1.3 reinstalled on my Lucid test machine and took a screenshot of the vertical line.

Vert_Line_1-1-3.png
Vert_Line_1-1-3.png (135.17 KiB) Viewed 1169 times

Note that this only seems to appear on pictures, not videos, and only when zooming. It doesn't happen with any of the other types of animation, as far as I can tell. I'm not sure if this is the same thing Barker was seeing or not.

Below is a screenshot of the same picture being zoomed with OpenShot 1.1.2 and MLT 0.5.2. It's got two vertical lines. As mentioned before, it looks like 1.1.3 fixed the line at the far right, but not the one at the border of the picture.

Vert_Line_1-1-2.png
Vert_Line_1-1-2.png (123.17 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Jack
OpenShot 1.2.2 on Ubuntu Lucid
jjfro

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:05 am

This has been confirmed as a bug in MLT (or more specifically, a problem with the version of libswscale in Debian/Ubuntu which affects MLT). Version 0.5.4 of MLT will address this issue, which they are hoping to release at the end of the month. Too late to get in to Lucid though, so you'd either need to build it yourself or find a PPA with it in.
Andy
Site Admin/Openshot Dev

Return to General questions & help