Export video format and clarity

Post your questions about Openshot here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Export video format and clarity

Postby al1710 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 am

I have a video which was recorded on a smartphone and is in the format 1920 * 1080 (*.mp4).

When I import the video file it plays in the preview window with perfect clarity and yet if I export the file (without any changes) the output will be blurred. I think this is because the export resolution is different from the input file (say 1920*1080). If I manually change the output resolution (using the 'Advanced' tab) then the output is clear.

Can anyone tell me how to get the export to automatically use the resolution of the only import file, without having to manually adjust the height and width each time ? Is there any way to get the export function to default to the input resolution ?

In my opinion, as a software developer myself, the software defaulting to the resolution of the import file (especially when there is only one track and project file) would be the most logical setting.

Is there any way to create a new profile for the software (as all my phone videos will shoot in the same resolution) ?

Many thanks in advance.
al1710

Return to General questions & help