How's the current tip code?

Post your questions about Openshot here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

How's the current tip code?

Postby fluffymcdeath » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am

Do you have to be a masochist to live on the bleeding edge of the reposirory? I'm just wondering how hectic it is up there. I've been drooling over the blender titles for a while now but whenever I try to update I don't get them. I guess all that hasn't transitioned to the stable release.

I'd love to try out the newest stuff but I am cowardly. I cut stuff on OpenShot and like it and would hate to mess things up by switching to a newer unreleased version. Can I have two separate installs that don't have conflicting requirements. I'm on Ubuntu 10.4 - anyone here got experience using the tip code, any advice?
fluffymcdeath

Re: How's the current tip code?

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:07 pm

You can get the latest code by running the following command in the terminal (if you have bazaar installed):
Code: Select all
bzr branch lp:openshot

Wherever you run this command from, it will create a folder called openshot, with all the source code contained within. You can then run openshot by running the command
python openshot.py

This won't interfere with your 'official' install - you can run them side by side.

The code should be fairly stable, but don't be surprised if you find the odd problem or two ;)

Andy.
Andy
Site Admin/Openshot Dev

Postby Cenwen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Just a precision when you do an update, you must be in the first folder openshot and run in a console this command who will update your version of Openshot :
bzr pull
Le jour où j'ai découvert le libre, j'ai su que je ne reviendrai jamais en arrière
Mon blog sur le multimédia, la photo et Openshot : http://linuxevolution.wordpress.com/
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/111472725110173916234/posts
Cenwen

Postby fluffymcdeath » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 am

OK, that went pretty smoothly. Went to try the 3D titles right away - oh oh. Needs Blender 2.50 and latest official is 2.49 so I guess that'll hold up the next release of OpenShot?

Did have a crash though. Went to create a new project left the default length (which was 0) and - blammo. Don't know if zero length was the cause or something else. I should try it again and see - however, I am mystified by the project length parameter. Surely the length is from the start to the end of the last clip - I can't think of any conceivable reason to specify this up front.

On the other hand, things definitely go better with full screen (especially on my little net book)!
fluffymcdeath

Postby Andy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:36 am

There's also a new slim theme, which will help you out on a netbook.

For Blender, you need to use the latest alpha version. But the requirements will be mentioned in the release notes.

Thanks for mentioning that crash, that's something to look into.
Andy
Site Admin/Openshot Dev

Postby fluffymcdeath » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:37 am

I've looked at reproducing that crash I mentioned.
I'm running 10.04 LTS on a Dell mini10. If I run the openshot.py from a terminal there is no problem. If I double click openshot.py and choose "run" there is no problem. If I double click openshot.py and choose "run in terminal" then create New project and save it, then the second time I create new project and save it openshot goes bye-bye.
fluffymcdeath

Postby Andy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 am

There have been some changes committed last night which might sort this out.
Andy
Site Admin/Openshot Dev

Postby beats » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:43 pm

good work!

http://wycast.wydev.es/?p=episode&name= ... avidad.mp4

Happy new year!

I posted my miniguide in spanish about i made it work for myself. you can read it here (in spanish) but let me know if you want for me to translate to english also,

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=709&start=0

Regards,
Proud member of http://wydev.orgfree.com.
beats

Return to General questions & help