updating openshot

Questions or tips about installing Openshot from distribution packages, source code or building packages.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

updating openshot

Postby ac4rb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:41 am

I recently had an issue with my computer and discovered that Openshot had been removed. Since I think it is a very great program I tried to reinstall it. I used the package manager in kubuntu 12.04 to install thinking I would get the newest version. After loading the required packages it was installed. I noticed when first trying Openshot that I had lost one of the favorite features. That is, the auto transitions attached. I looked at the about and found that I had installed version 1.1.3. I believe that the current version is 2.0. Is there any way I can update this to the newest stable ? If not, how can I install the newest version. Apparently the ubuntu packages are not the newest. I tried to do an apt-get install Openshot and received a note that this was the latest version. Can you please help me. Mcy laptop is an AMD 64 dual core Compaq . Thanks AC4RB
ac4rb

Re: updating openshot

Postby XXLRay » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:22 am

The latest somehow stable version is 1.4.3 and you can install it from the ppa. There is also a community fork from version 1.4.4~alpha that is called libreshot and offers some additional features.
XXLRay
OpenShot Veteran

Return to Installation