OpenShot QT font size

Questions or tips about installing Openshot from distribution packages, source code or building packages.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

OpenShot QT font size

Postby Philstix » Tue May 10, 2016 12:29 am

Is there some way of changing the font size for the gui in OpenShot-qt?

I tried running OpenShot-qt 2.07 in Xubuntu 16.04, and the fonts in the interface are huge.

Previous versions of QT had a configuration utility but QT5 doesn't.
Philstix

Re: OpenShot QT font size

Postby Philstix » Tue May 10, 2016 1:25 am

Ok, I eventually worked out that I had to disable the default theme by setting 'Preferences->General->Default Theme' to 'No Theme'.
Philstix

Postby Philstix » Tue May 10, 2016 4:47 am

And I just realised why the timeline doesn't change when I disable themes: it uses html/js/css, so I would have to modify /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openshot_qt/timeline/media/css/main.css to make it fit with the rest of the Xubuntu UI.
Philstix

Postby Philstix » Tue May 10, 2016 7:38 am

For what it's worth, this is what I came up with after setting 'No theme' in preferences, playing around with the timeline's CSS, and reducing the icon size by launching OpenShot with the '-stylesheet' parameter and a custom .qss file. It blends in much better with my XFCE desktop now.
Attachments
OpenShot-qt_2016-05-10_16-27-12.jpg
OpenShot-qt_2016-05-10_16-27-12.jpg (77.73 KiB) Viewed 10551 times
Philstix

Postby marianomarini » Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing.
Custom configuration are always appreciate, at least by me. :D
marianomarini
The voice of Experience

Postby Philstix » Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 am

In case anyone is interested, these are the changes I made:

Custom css stylesheet link added to /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openshot_qt/timeline/index.html (as root user)
Code: Select all
      <!-- JQuery & Bootstrap StyleSheets -->
      <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="media/css/bootstrap.min.css">

<!-- Custom Stylesheet link added here -->
        <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="media/css/custom.css">

</head>

Custom stylesheet created at /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openshot_qt/timeline/media/css/custom.css (as root user)
body { background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(80,80,80,1)), color-stop(100%,rgba(125,126,125,1))); }

.playhead-top { opacity:0.6; }

.track { background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(250,250,250,1)), color-stop(100%,rgba(160,160,160,1))); }

.track_name { background-color: #999; }

Custom .qss file created at /home/phil/.openshot_qt/custom_icon_size.qss
* { icon-size: 16px; }

The custom_icon_size.qss was enabled by modifying the XFCE menu entry for 'OpenShot-qt Video Editor' to run OpenShot-qt with the command
openshot-qt -stylesheet /home/phil/.openshot_qt/custom_icon_size.qss %F

I would have liked to target the 'icon-size' changes at the correct QT classes, but I couldn't work out which class the main toolbar uses (it doesn't respond to customising the QToolBar class, for instance) so I just went with '*'.

Hopefully, this info will help someone looking to customise their OpenShot-qt interface to suit their own desktop.
Philstix

Return to Installation