Incorrect time indexing

Questions or tips about installing Openshot from distribution packages, source code or building packages.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Incorrect time indexing

Postby pin54 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:58 am

The subject could be deceptive because I do not know nothing about video.

I installed OpenShot, added a video file to the Project Files, then added it to the Track4 and play in the Video Preview. Unfortunately movie looks like cut into pieces, and connected in a wrong order. Video jerks, skips, and jump forward and backward (ussually few frames). Of course I have the same problem when I export this video.
I tried videos taken with a screen recorder and with phone - result is the same.
Movie played in windows media player or any other player looks correct.

What can I do with that?
pin54

Re: Incorrect time indexing

Postby XXLRay » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 am

Is that the same when you export the video?
XXLRay
OpenShot Veteran

Re: Incorrect time indexing

Postby pin54 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:44 am

Yes, the result is the same. But I learned how to avoid the problem - it is somehow tied with codecs, so I convert video with HandBrake, and then import to OpenShot - it works for me. At the beginning I was confused because I tried videos from two completely different sources and I had a problem with both of them, so I thought it is independent of codecs.

Ps. I use CamStudio Recorder and Xvid MPEG-4 codec to capture a screen. If anybody want to test it, I can upload short video on a server.
pin54

Return to Installation