Is there a way to convert an avi to an osp?

Publish your Openshot tutorials here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Is there a way to convert an avi to an osp?

Postby Shabakthanai » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:58 pm

I have just started converting my favorite movies to avi and putting them on USB3 drives. One of the films, "The Bone Collector" stops about 3/4 the way through, and I tried to fix it, unsuccessfully. Is there a way to convert the avi to an osp to edit out the defective file and reconnect to the balance of the movie?

I have a dual boot 64bit Kubuntu 14.04/Windows 7, 8-core with 16GB RAM, Radeon Video w/2GB DDR5. The quality of replay is fantastic on the USB3's and works instantly and perfectly when there are no problems in movie files.

I prefer my linux application to windows, but have the ability to use either. I only copy movies I own for backup. I don't believe I am breaking any rule. Any advice on how to solve my problem most appreciated. Thanks! :)
Shabakthanai

Re: Is there a way to convert an avi to an osp?

Postby XXLRay » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:49 am

osp is a project format that basically tells the software what to do with an actual video file to edit and export it. So yes, you can import your avi edit it and save the project as osp but you will need to export it again to have a watchable video file.
XXLRay
OpenShot Veteran

Return to Tutorials