How to change EKD from French to English language

A place for general fun conversation...no flames please!

Moderators: Cenwen, beats

How to change EKD from French to English language

Postby asilnevs » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 pm

I think this is a question that Cenwen can answer.
I ask this question in the Openshot forum because I already are registered on this forum and not on the French EKD forum and
my French is very, very bad so....
About my question. I saw on some pictures that EKD is already available in English.
I have been looking around on the EKD website and forum but I don't find anything about it (how to change).
I also have been looking in my usr/share/ekd/.... directory and saw that there are a lot of directories and files concerning the English language but I can't figure it out to get EKD in English.
I switched my computer language from Dutch (Belgium) to English and Openshot changes to English but EKD stays in French.
Can you help me on this?
asilnevs
Forum regular

Re: How to change EKD from French to English language

Postby Cenwen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:48 am

I ask this question in the Openshot forum because I already are registered on this forum and not on the French EKD forum and

Don't worry for that.

About my question. I saw on some pictures that EKD is already available in English.

Exactly. Normally, it is automatic but if EnKodeur-Mixeur doesn't detect your locales he is passing by default at French or English (sorry I don't remember which one :? ) .

Can you help me on this?

Obviously, if I can. Like I know well their leader Team, I'm going to contact him at this subject and you are a lucky man because he is subscribed on this forum too.

First, tell me which version have you ? the last one 3.0.1 ?

Secondly, try to remove it completely and re-install it by this command :

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get purge ekd
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ekd
Le jour où j'ai découvert le libre, j'ai su que je ne reviendrai jamais en arrière
Mon blog sur le multimédia, la photo et Openshot : http://linuxevolution.wordpress.com/
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/111472725110173916234/posts
Cenwen

Postby asilnevs » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Yes, I have version 3.0.1 of EKD.
I also removed and reinstalled the program like you asked.
If it's possible, I want to leave my local to nl_BE like it is now and only change EKD to English.
asilnevs
Forum regular

Postby ekd » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Hello asilnevs ;),

I'm the historical developper of EKD. Cenwen (Olivier) told me of your message here.

Excuse me in advance my english is not good, I hope you understand me anyway.

asilnevs wrote:I think this is a question that Cenwen can answer.

Recently I set up a new forum for EKD (EnKoDeur-Mixeur) and there is a forum in english (ideal for you).

Yes.

I have been looking around on the EKD website and forum but I don't find anything about it (how to change).
I also have been looking in my usr/share/ekd/.... directory and saw that there are a lot of directories and files concerning the English language but I can't figure it out to get EKD in English.
I switched my computer language from Dutch (Belgium) to English and Openshot changes to English but EKD stays in French.
Can you help me on this?

@ asilnevs: In fact the principle is that when users (other than english and spanish ... because EKD is already translated into these languages ​​-> but we really lack of translators at the moment which means that parts of the messages remained in french) start EKD the interface is automatically in english. You have nothing to configure on your machine in this regard.

In this latest version of EKD a bug was introduced on the interface in languages ​​other than french ... this has resulted so far in this version 3.0.1 that only the french version appears (both in the GNU/Linux and windows version).

I temporarily fixed the bug (I hope it will not reappear, if so you should report it on the new EKD forum).

The corrected version of EKD can be found on the SVN repository of EKD (I have not yet done a deb or rpm package, and updated the apt repository from that ... and arranges for the Windows version) ... you must set up the SVN repository of EKD, here's how:

http://ekd.tuxfamily.org/index.php/Deve ... SVNEnglish

Information: for german users, EKD is being translated into german (it will be available soon).

@ Olivier (en français): voilà la raison du problème (c'est indiqué dans mon commentaire dans la révision 375 sur le SVN):

http://codingteam.net/project/ekd/browse//trunk/ekd_gui.py/?rev=375

--> de la ligne 1713 à la ligne 1815.

a+ ;)
ekd

Postby asilnevs » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi EKD, installing all the things of the SVN page changed the language to English :P
So thank you very much both of you.
Does it mean that every time I run "sh ekd_svn.sh", EKD will be up-to-date to the latest development version?
The English part on your forum , was it already there yesterday?
Perhaps I overlooked it ;)
asilnevs
Forum regular

Postby ekd » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi ;),

asilnevs wrote:Hi EKD, installing all the things of the SVN page changed the language to English :P

Great, it works well with you then ...

In some time there will be a version 3.0.2 of EKD (with this change), and other things as well (if I can do what I have in mind).

So thank you very much both of you.

;)

Does it mean that every time I run "sh ekd_svn.sh", EKD will be up-to-date to the latest development version?

Yes !

The English part on your forum , was it already there yesterday?

Yes, it's here. Look at the picture below (the english forum is circled in red):

15_01_12_ekd_new_forum_screenshot_001.jpg
EKD new forum.
15_01_12_ekd_new_forum_screenshot_001.jpg (128.11 KiB) Viewed 15333 times

Perhaps I overlooked it ;)

:)

a+ ;)

Historical developer of EKD.
ekd

Postby Cenwen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

@ Olivier (en français): voilà la raison du problème (c'est indiqué dans mon commentaire dans la révision 375 sur le SVN):

Okay. Donc Vous avez donc fait des modifications depuis qui s'averent non fonctionnelles maintenant. :?
Le jour où j'ai découvert le libre, j'ai su que je ne reviendrai jamais en arrière
Mon blog sur le multimédia, la photo et Openshot : http://linuxevolution.wordpress.com/
Cenwen

Postby ekd » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Okay. Donc Vous avez donc fait des modifications depuis qui s'averent non fonctionnelles maintenant. :?

Si si tout est redevenu fonctionnel à ce niveau (dans la version SVN pour l'instant) suite à mes modifications d'hier :).

a+ ;)
ekd

Postby Cenwen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Impecable. :D
Vas-tu refaire le deb ? Ce serait, à mon avis, bien. ;) Tu aurais ainsi une version internationnale impeccable, sans parler de t'éviter d'avoir de nombreux retours de ce genre sur ton forum Internationnal. :roll:
Cenwen

Postby ekd » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Cenwen wrote:Impecable. :D

;)

Vas-tu refaire le deb ? Ce serait, à mon avis, bien. ;) Tu aurais ainsi une version internationnale impeccable, sans parler de t'éviter d'avoir de nombreux retours de ce genre sur ton forum Internationnal. :roll:

Je ne vais pas le refaire pour l'instant car j'ai une ou deux fonctionnalités à implémenter (et il faut que je trouve le temps pour) ... je vais t'en dire plus par mail perso (enfin je vais essayer d'y penser et trouver le temps pour te répondre). Si je réussis tout ça (c'est pas gagné), EKD sera peut-être à ce moment là en version 3.1.0 et là il faudra que je refasse le deb, le rpm, le dépôt apt et les deux versions portables pour windows [version 7zip et version .exe]) ... d'autant plus qu'il faut que j'attende un peu que la traduction allemande soit un peu plus avancée.

a+ ;)

Historical developer of EKD
ekd

Return to Off Topic