Proper color garding

Audio & Visual effects.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Proper color garding

Postby MetNL » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

i created a new effect that can color grade a video with the use of color wheels.
It uses MLT and movit, so it's important that you have the Movit library installed (in the same library as MLT, wich in my case was /usr/lib).
I haven't tested it because openshot doesn't work on my computer anymore so if someone could test it for me and upload some screenshots that'd be great!
Be sure to save it as XML in you effects folder:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE openshot-effect>
<effect>
   <title translatable="True">Color Grading</title>
   <description translatable="True">Color grading based on the lift-gamma-gain principle</description>
   <icon>coloradj_RGB.png</icon>
   <category>Video</category>
   <service>movit.lift_gamma_gain</service>

<param name="lift_r" type="float" title="Lift Red" description="Amount of red in shadows">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>0.0</default>
   </param>

<param name="ligt_g" type="float" title="Lift Green" description="Amount of green in shadows">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>0.0</default>
   </param>

<param name="lift_b" type="float" title="Lift Blue" description="Amount of blue in shadows">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>0.0</default>
   </param>

<param name="gamma_r" type="float" title="Gamma Red" description="Amount of red in midtones">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>1.0</default>
</param

<param name="lgamma_g" type="float" title="Gamma Green" description="Amount of green in midtones">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>1.0</default>
</param>

<param name="gamma_b" type="float" title="Gamma Blue" description="Amount of blue in midtones">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>1.0</default>
   </param>

<param name="gain_r" type="float" title="Gain Red" description="Amount of red in highlights">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>1.0</default>
</param>

<param name="gain_g" type="float" title="Gain Green" description="Amount of green in highlights">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>1.0</default>
</param>

<param name="gain_b" type="float" title="Gain Blue" description="Amount of blue in highlights">
      <min>0.0</min>
      <default>1.0</default>
   </param>

</effect>
Dutch storm chaser and video enthousiast
MetNL

Return to Effects