Bad Audio when exporting with video

Topics about the audio side of Openshot.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Bad Audio when exporting with video

Postby gmelchior » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:05 am

Hi guys,

I'm about to get mad with this issue of mine. I have a couple of oggvorbis audio files and an VP9 (or mp4) Video file. All of the files have pristine quality when listened to at their own. If i only put the audio into openshot and export as webm or mp4 the audio is also excellent, no distortion noticable. But as soon as i add the video the audio gets quite bad. There are popping sounds and distortions. These distortions also appear when previewing inside openshot. I didn't change the audio quality once, i always kept the default, with is 192kb/s which is good enough for both mp3 and ogg.

I tried on multiple machines, currently on a freshly installed xubuntu 16.04.1. Openshot is installed just this morning from the ppa.
I have the same issue on a fedora 24 machine and on an opensuse leap, so i guess it's not related to my machine, but something to perhaps related to gstreamer or some lib or plugin issues?

gstreamer: 1.8.2
openshot 2.1.0
xubuntu 16.04.1

Anybody with an idea what i could check, update, change?
I really don't want to encode audio and video separately and merge afterwards, that totally defeats the purpose of an video editor. And is just so much more work....

Cheers
chris
gmelchior

Re: Bad Audio when exporting with video

Postby XXLRay » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:40 am

There seems to be an audio issue with Openshot 2.x. Try to report it here https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/issues
XXLRay
OpenShot Veteran

Return to Audio