No audio in Preview [Windows 10]

Topics about the audio side of Openshot.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

No audio in Preview [Windows 10]

Postby SirKino » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:57 am

Hi all!

I am new to the software, first time opening it up, I import a video (which I know has sound I check it before importing it) and go through preview. What I expected to happen was for it to play the clip, so that I would know where I need edits. What actually happened was it playing the clip, however there was no audio during the preview. I ran an export with a very short clip, and found that the audio was still there. My question is now, how do I get that sound enabled in the preview? I searched online for solutions to the issue, but most of the time the people asking the questions are using some form of linux. One said to make sure that audio was enabled in the properties of the clip, when I went there its a -1, changing it to 0 or 1 does not change the fact that I cannot hear audio during the preview. I only have one connected audio device, the headset on my head, which is on, so I highly doubt thats the issue, especially because in windows mixer I see openshot editor. I am completely lost. I feel like its something really stupid that I didn't notice, but perhaps not. I really appreciate a response because I pretty much don't know what to do at this point.
Thanks again
SirKino
SirKino

Re: No audio in Preview [Windows 10]

Postby XXLRay » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:51 pm

Sounds like a bug you can report at https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/issues
XXLRay
OpenShot Veteran

Return to Audio