Managing Feature requests

Post any suggestions for new features in Openshot here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

Managing Feature requests

Postby Andy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm

If you have any suggestions for new or improved features in Openshot, post them here. I'll try and manage them and log them on Launchpad, unless they have already been logged there.

Thanks,
Andy.
Andy
Site Admin/Openshot Dev

Re: Managing Feature requests

Postby grimofdoom » Sat May 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Custom ToolBar inside video on fullscreen/small screen(when uploaded t site while people watch). I have been looking how to do this and was hopingthis software would have it, but i didnt see it. Please put this in.
grimofdoom

Re: Managing Feature requests

Postby hvdwolf » Sun May 20, 2012 7:37 am

grimofdoom wrote:Custom ToolBar inside video on fullscreen/small screen(when uploaded t site while people watch). I have been looking how to do this and was hopingthis software would have it, but i didnt see it. Please put this in.

This is a general post. Not a post to put your feature requests in. When Andy mentioned "...post them here" he meant in this sub forum, not inside this post. You should have created a post yourself otherwise we might have several feature requests mixed up in this one post.
(Andy: Can you make this sticky post a closed post or admin/moderator only editable one?)

Anyway, this feature you request is a "layer" functionality of the players used on vimeo, youtube, etc. It is NOT part of the video itself. Video is just (several tracks of) video, audio and subtitles in a video "container" (avi, mp4, mkv, flv, webm, etc.)
If you have a website you manage yourself, you could use the free open source JWplayer (you need to pay for the PRO version which has a few options more). It plays the popular formats flv, webm, mp4, mp3 and a few more.
I'm using that free one on my own websites as well.

EDIT: The SWF container as a lot of people know as "another" video format, is actually a multi-purpose container also used for the popular web flash gamesm web animated sites and much more. That SWF container can contain both video/audio AND an embedded player. But it's not a true video container.
hvdwolf
The voice of Experience

Return to Feature requests