File recovering idea for destination folder reassigning

Post any suggestions for new features in Openshot here.

Moderators: Andy, Cenwen, beats

File recovering idea for destination folder reassigning

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:08 am

regarding this issue I have: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3220

Along with the suggestion I made of adding placeholders/allowing me to see the work despite not reassigning new folder destinations.
I was thinking it would be cool if Openshot also saved like a tiny thumbnail just in case at small intervals say every 15 or so seconds of each video components.
this would help you retrace your files incase you changed the file name or folder. as well as help you get a general idea of where you cut the videos.

Similar to how adobe photoshop except instead of saving your files in full quality, it would do so in tiny quality. so as to keep the saved file small.

Maybe you could right click on a placeholder work you made and an option to locate new folder or insert a new file could be given?

might even be nice to be able to open two instances, and used the one with missing files as a reference, if you wish to start over. While allowing us to copy effects perhaps from one to the other.
paprika

Re: File recovering idea for destination folder reassigning

Postby paprika » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:10 pm

show work memory openshots idea.png
show work memory openshots idea.png (71.67 KiB) Viewed 1044 times

Came up with this idea^

work memory could act as a sort of history. It repeats/stores all your actions, just without data inside. retains duration of file even.
it can be used as a templateor/reference for future projects. allowing you to copy effects from it etc.
Maybe You could even duplicate it into your track and insert media into it. when doing so it would ask you to crop to a pre-determined video duration to match each empty portion you want to fill.

we could then share templates with each other.

work memory section > can be used as template in case missing files
and real section (tracks) > if missing files/wrong destination will show small thumbnails every 15 or so seconds of what was there prior.
paprika

Return to Feature requests